In the age of COVID-19, building a strong immune system has never been so important. No one wants to get ill, but there is a lot you can do to support your immune system to keep you healthy.
Why is it important to have a strong immune system?
Your immune system is a network of cells, organs, and antibodies that work to protect you against bacteria, viruses, and parasites. Although we only think of our immune system when we feel ill, it’s actually working hard every day to keep us safe.
Tips for a strong immune system
Your immune system is made up of lots of individual parts, which all work together to keep you healthy and free from infection. Following a healthy lifestyle and diet will help support each function of your immune system. Follow these tips for a strong immune system.
- Eat a healthy diet with lots of fresh fruit and vegetables. Minimize your intake of animal proteins and processed foods. Include fermented foods such as sauerkraut, miso, and kefir, which help to build up the good bacterial in your gut.
- Stay on top of stress as chronic stress produces hormones that suppress your immune system. Manage stress by relaxing, being mindful, meditating, and seeking counsel if necessary.
- Get enough sleep. Aim to get at least seven hours of sleep every night.
- Avoid smoking. Quit if you are a smoker.
- Limit your alcohol intake.
- Wash your hands with warm soap and water often.
Maintaining a strong immune system is good for your overall health and wellbeing. Work on improving yours with these tips.
ABOUT RMS Insurance Brokerage, LLC
At RMS Insurance Brokerage, LLC, our expertly crafted policies are written specifically for the hospitality industry. We offer custom-tailored solutions to meet any venue’s specific needs. For more information, contact our knowledgeable experts today at (516) 742-8585.